SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE OFFICE OF ABIA STATE SOCIAL INVESTMENT PROGRAM ON COVID-19.
The Abia State Social Investment Programme offices wishes to alert beneficiaries of the various programmes particularly the N-power Beneficiaries and Cooks who provides daily meals to the pupils in all the public primary schools of the current COVID-19 Pandemic. As the Global community continues to respond appropriately to the Pandemic, we urge our beneficiaries to take the following precautionary measures;
1. All N-power Beneficiaries under Nteach should ensure that they observe appropriate protective measures.
2. They should ensure that they wear their masks during the school period, as required.
3. All the times, they must ensure that there is water and soap for hand washing.
4. We have advised heads of schools to provide hand sanitizer in all the classrooms for use by Nteach Beneficiaries,.
5. Maintain appropriate Social distance as has been advised.
6. As we continue to monitor the state government response, we may need to advise a stay at home when appropriate.
1. All those working at the various health centres must use all protective tools in line with health regulations.
2. Appropriate distance should should be maintained to minimize contacts.
3. Regular washing of hands and use of hand sanitizers should be observed.
4. Follow all instructions from head of PHCs for safety.
1. All cooks must observe the highest standard of hygiene.
2. All cooks must have adequate water for washing of hands.
3. All cooks must have hand sanitizers before they begin to serve food to the pupils.
4. No 2 pupils should ever use same plate,spoon or drinking cup.
5. We expect the state Ministry of Education to advise accordingly, but as we monitor events,we may ask for a pull out in the coming days.
All other Beneficiaries are advised to remainlant and follow all instructions from the state and Federal Government on COVID-19 Pandemic. Any enquiry, should be addressed to the appropriate quarters.
STATE FOCAL PERSON SOCIAL INVESTMENT