FOR FELLOW Health workers working with a clinical setting:
Simply using masks is not enough…
1. Wipe the diaphragm of your stethoscope after every auscultation.
2. Rub your hands with sanitiser BEFORE and AFTER every palpation.
3. Maintain a 1-1.5 m distance (when possible).
4. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before every meals.
5. Wash/segregate your clothes/apron daily after work.
6. Wash your hands and face thoroughly after returning from work.
7. Sanitise your hands after checking the reports and previous prescriptions brought by the patient.
8. Ask for history of recent travel to all patients showing symptoms of flu.
9. Educate every patient you come across, the need of frequent washing of hands. Spread awareness.
10. Educate your family members. Keep yourself and everyone else safe and protected.
11. Drink warm drinks/beverages. Eat nicely cooked/boiled foods.
12. Use disposable gloves whenever necessary.
DO NOT WAIT FOR YOUR INSTITUTION TO PROVIDE YOU THE SAFETY GEARS.
LET’S BREAK THE CHAIN OF TRANSMISSION
Felix Chinwendu Joe MNES( Ezumezu)