COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE JUST CONCLUDED 2-DAY CONFERENCE AND INAUGURATION OF THE NACCIMA BUSINESS WOMEN GROUP (NAWORG), AND NACCIMA YOUTH ENTREPRENEURS (NYE), ORGANIZED BY KWACCIMA BETWEEN 3RD AND 4TH FEBRUARY, 2020, AT BANQUET HALL ‘A’, KWARA HOTEL, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
A two day Women Dialogue was held in Ilorin, the Kwara state capital on 3rd and 4th February, 2020 on the
Theme: The United Women: Catalyst for Economic Growth and Development in Nigeria.
It was organized by Kwara Chamber Of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (KWACCIMA).
The sub- themes that were spoken on were “funding women in Entrepreneurs: Panacea for rapid
Socio-economic development “Effective networking for growth” and “youth development: Remedy for Anti-social vices”
The event was also used to inaugurate the Kwara State chapter of both NACCIMA Business Women Group (NAWORG) and NACCIMA Youth Entrepreneurs (NYE).
The opening ceremony had top-echelon of business community in Kwara State in attendance; the NACCIMA council was led by the National President Hajia Saratyu Iya-Aliyu. In the course, of the inauguration, write of the State Governor Dr. (Mrs) Olufolake Abdulrasaq and other top dignitaries were decorated as the Matrons and Patrons of NAWORG.
Supporting agencies as corporate bodies that made belief presentation including
• Central bank of Nigeria
• Bank of industry (BOI)
• Nigerian export promotion council (NEPC)
• Harmony holdings limited.
• Agricultural as entrepreneurs development initiative for women.
The number of vital issues were raised and addressed during the dialogue session, they are enumerated below:
Some of the challenges militating against women as they strike to contribute to the Nation’s Economic Development were noted as follows:
1. Lack of proper coordination among women group
2. Lack of access to vital information that are useful for Women Advancement.
3. Inability to access adequate fund for the purpose of Economic empowerment.
4. Inadequate knowledge of the dynamic of the Business World and Economic Development indices which hinder than from knowing where to invest and how to create wealth.
5. Cultural practices and religious beliefs inhibiting self-expression and inclusive growth
6. Societal values degeneration which today scale down virtues that can sustain moral uprightness+ and integrity
7. Pull her down attribute among women and get-rich-quick syndrome among youths which promotes cutting-corner approach. In business and other endeavours.
Considering the expression of the various challenges militating against women and youth development, solutions were preferred which were resolved to be pursued by the organizers , participants , guests and the newly inaugurated chapter of NAWORG , NYE in conjunction with KWACCIMA . They are here under stated succinctly.
1. Women are to refocus their family by re orientating their children, teaching the children good morals, giving them the essence of honesty and integrity, ensuring they are disciplines –minded.
2. Women are to hornless their potential and explore their position as mothers and wife in helping the younger ones harness the human capital potential by making use of their talent positively
3. Women are to advocate and support the education of the girl-child and middle age women so as to enhance their understanding.
4. Women and youth need to advocate for increased funding of quality education which as skills-oriented meant to enhance creativity and productivity
5. Promotion of effective networking and connectivity among women by organization of training seminars where mentors would deploy their skills on how to build on relationship for business success.
6. To promote entrepreneurship, women were encouraged to sink for more knowledge in business management.
7. Women are advised to encourage the promotion of saving culture in children and supporting one another for collective growth and advancement.
8. For the promotion of business management knowledge, KWACCIMA and NACCIMA were called upon to establish specialized institution for dissemination of knowledge to address business management know-how for unity of purpose.
9. Women were advised to encourage formation of cooperative business which will facilitate addressing challenges collectively for effectiveness.
10. Both NAWORG and NYE were advised to promote quality standard in whatever they produced as well as keeping focus on good leadership and encouragement of membership growth.
11. Business people were advised to harness the potential of social media to promote their businesses which forms the largest segment of population.
12. Youths were advised to seek for knowledge acquire skills and be prepared to make use of the opportunities offered them by the ever-changing business ecosystem.
13. Exchange of ideas sharing of information between individuals as groups especially and between the private sector , government and academia need to be encourage
14. Government need to be put in place grant scheme or social intervention programme to support start up in agriculture in cluing farming , processing for expect and local consumption.